Our customer’s solution allows any patient to consult their doctor or a professional through a teleconsultation via their computer or mobile phone, to receive a diagnosis, as well as a secure prescription if necessary. For professionals, our customer offers a solution allowing them to carry out remote video consultations to better monitor their patients, while working more serenely.
Headquartered in London, our customer marries human expertise with digital convenience to provide fully holistic virtual healthcare. Built on the foundations of established companies with proven sector and country expertise, combined with best-in-class digital technology, our customer is now the largest digital healthcare provider in Europe, delivering 24/7 access to doctors and expert clinicians wherever and whenever it is needed via a suite of tools including video calls, online chats and phone.
Our customer is on track to build one of the largest digital health players in the world through a combination of buy-and-build and scale up of an existing portfolio through organic execution. While there are multiple small players with specific offering in digital health, we have established that there is a very significant opportunity to build a scale player that provides a holistic, integrated offering in virtual primary care. The market timing is compelling, and the need is pronounced across multiple segments- some we are present in and others we are entering through further acquisitions. Our customer currently operates across UK, France, Ireland and Germany.
Job Overview :
We are looking for a senior backend developer to join our engineering team. Our goal is to build world class health solutions from the idea stage to launch.
Your main focus will be on our corporate (B2B) apps. To be successful in this role our main mantra “KISS” must echo within you. We need to build simple, reliable and highly evolvable softwares. Our ideal candidates would be excellent communicators and be passionate about digitally transforming healthcare.
You will be expected to contribute to the day to day development activities and coding while also providing strategic technical support and design.
What you will do :
- You’ll ship a product. As part of the our customer’s team, you will move fast. Whether it’s pushing a bug fix immediately after seeing it or architecting a bigger change that will help us scale to millions of users, you’ll constantly be building and shipping. You’ll write clean and efficient code, do unit tests, follow best practices, improve our infrastructure and tooling and have the benefit of working with others who share your enthusiasm.
- You’ll grow and improve rapidly. At our customer you’ll be working with an incredible team, who love to learn from and teach each other. You’ll find yourself stretching to new areas, immersed in feedback, challenged by your teammates, and growing your skills on a daily basis.
- You’ll provide mentoring. Within teams and provide leadership to other developers
- You’ll be an owner. We believe in hiring smart people and giving them as much responsibility as they can handle. You’ll be responsible for leading the technical design of systems and services, and you will justify, communicate, and design decisions. You ‘ll work closely with product managers, stakeholders, and end users to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- You’ll create something meaningful. Our customer’s mission is to become the leading european digital health company. This involves completely reinventing how health care is delivered to millions of people, and potentially improving and saving millions of lives.
Our stack :
- Front : React Native / Apollo V3 / Flow
- Back : Koa.JS / Apollo Server / Microsoft Bot Framework / Jest / Typescript
- Databases : MongoDB / Cosmos DB
- API : GraphQL / REST
- Git / Gitlab CI / AWS
- Engineering degree (bac +5)
- Significant experience (> 5 years) in hands-on development and design in the delivery of software products
- Solid understand of software design patterns and software architecture
- Experience in Agile software development processes
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Full professional competence in English
Who are you :
- You like to build and ship. You have a bias towards action—favoring practical choices and speed rather than being religious about any one technology. You focus on the things that matter and push back on things that don’t. You make deadlines for yourself and you move fast.
- You are experienced. You have deep expertise in building, deploying, monitoring and scaling systems. You understand the ins and outs of OOP, interfaces, ORMs and more.
- You’re scrappy and entrepreneurial. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are comfortable with not knowing the answer to something. You value things like user testing, community-building, and operations.
- You care about good systems design. You have an eye towards exponential growth and love building simple systems and APIs that can scale from a few thousand users to millions. You are practical about what you build. You know when to hack something together and throw it all behind memcached, and when to be thoughtful about data denormalization and sharding.
- You take pride in what you do. If you have a spec, you read through the details and think about every edge case. You understand how to build observability to monitor performance and identify issues early. If something seems off, you come up with a good solution and fix it without being asked to do so. You’re proactive with suggestions and people know they can count on you to get things done.
- You are open-minded. You value diversity and go out of your way to ensure others feel welcome. You care about being king with your teammates and work as a team instead of being a solo bear.
- A great deal of autonomy and impact on a daily basis
- A strong progression, a lot of tools to put in place
- A framework of transparency and honesty
- A benevolent management and a dynamic environment
- A real experience of entrepreneurship within a growing startup
- A competitive package
- Remote : 3d/w max
Paris or Rennes