If you ever had to organize an event for your company, you know it’s a stressful and painful process that involves finding a venue, catering, waiting for quotes, comparing, booking and praying that it will all go as planned.
Our customer’s project was born to make that experience fast and simple, and bring a modern experience in an old industry. Our ambition is to build the best product to book corporate events online.
Our product is a B2B marketplace that connects event organizers with venue managers through a simple, well-designed search experience, plus a set of tools to support the contracting, invoicing and payment process.
Since we launched in 2016, more than 10 000 companies have used our platform. We are rapidly expanding in France and plan to go international in the coming years.
Financially, we are backed by Idinvest (Blablacar’s fund) and the French BPI.
We are a remote-first company of 25 people, which means you can work from wherever you feel best, as long as you stay in a +2/-2 time range from Paris. If you live in Paris, we also have an HQ near Republique where you can work, though it is not required: we intend to stay remote-first even after COVID clears out.
ou will be joining our product & engineering team, working on:
- Venue Onboarding: As a marketplace, we grow when we increase transactions between supply & demand. Being able to rapidly onboard new venues is a key challenge to unlock growth
- Pricing Tools: We have developed a set of tools to digitize the quotes, contracts and invoices. Improving these tools is key to make our partners happier, more engaged, and helps them work faster.
- Scaling our Codebase: Growing a Rails monolith has its sets of challenges when it comes to architecture and development speed. That’s why we spend time improving our tool to develop features faster and increase developer happiness.
- New Innovative Features: We still have a lot of very cool and exciting features to build (new payment methods, SSO, instant booking, …) and we are looking for talented developers to take up these challenges.
We work in 4-weeks cycles during which you will lead your own projects, be responsible for organizing the tasks, and delivering the project by the end of the cycle. We don’t have a scrum master who organizes the work for developers. At our customer, developers manage their own projects and are trusted to make the right decisions.
In between cycles, you will also be involved in the early phase of projects, and work with a Designer or PM to suggest alternative solutions and ensure the viability of a design.
To manage our projects and communicate, we work on Basecamp and favor asynchronous communication whenever possible.
What’s it like to work with us
- Remote-first: as a remote-first company, you can work from where you feel best
- Team: We’re about 4 developers, 1 designer, 1 product manager and the CTO
- Transparency: decisions, revenue figures and salaries are transparent. There is no taboo.
- Responsibility: we trust our developers to lead and organize their projects in autonomy.
- Routines: We do daily check-ins via Basecamp and have 1 team meeting on Fridays to discuss issues collectively. We try to avoid meetings whenever possible and prefer written, asynchronous communication.
- Entrepreneurial culture: as we’re still relatively small, we welcome every initiative that helps us move forward
Perks & Benefits
- We cover the expenses to setup your work environment at home / coworking expenses
- 4 team seminars / year in great locations to socialize and connect
- Package: starting at 60k€ + equity (BSPCE)
- Continuous training: we invest up to 20% of our time to personal training
- 5 additional days-off per year
We are looking for an experienced fullstack developer (Rails) who is:
- Enthusiastic about our product and what we’re building
- Able to lead projects in autonomy from concept to shipping
- Is open-minded and a team player
Skills we’re looking for
- Strong knowledge of Rails or another object-oriented language
- Ability to present work and ideas clearly in writing
- 3+ years of experience working as a developer
- Ability to manage large technical projects in autonomy
- Very autonomous
- Ability to communicate professionnaly in French & English
1) Interview with CTO
2) Technical test & interview with a member from the tech team
3) Reference checks
4) Immersion day